Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Photo: Courtesy of Chris Leclerc.
Today, I received an email from a fellow creative in hyperspace who had heard of Jake’s Cafe...but wasn’t sure if it was a cafe for freelance creatives or even whether a membership fee was required. That’s okay. We’ve even had a few people walking in off the street looking for double-shot hazelnut lattes and... we had to turn them down.
So. Who is the “ideal tenant” for Jake’s Cafe? The ideal tenant for Jake’s Cafe is a creative person who:
- Wants to work in an inspiring environment with other creative people.
- Likes to network, collaborate and sometimes even draw other creatives into their projects to more meaningfully serve a customer.
- Likes to look at problems from a variety of angles and find unique and meaningful ways to solve them.
- Enjoys summer cookouts and informal creative get togethers.
- Needs to have a place to display their work, meet with clients and even enjoy an occasional movie in our theatre.
- Needs a place to hold large meetings, lunches and focus groups.
- Needs access to graphic, video, sound, industrial and internet design.
- Needs a shared secretary.
- Needs a place where you can just come to work and leave all of the details of facility management like taxes, heat, electric, water, maintenance etc. to someone else.
- Needs a place to print out and assemble presentations.
- Needs to be creatively connected!
We only have two requirements. That you’re creative and that you play nicely!
Thank you Justin.