Jake’s Ginger Tea!

//Jake’s Ginger Tea!

Jake’s Ginger Tea!

Well friends, after nearly three years of making my widely acclaimed Jake’s Ginger Tealixir for friends and neighbors, I’ve decided to bottle and sell it.  It’s now on sale for $15 a bottle at the Goodside Grocery in Sheboygan, WI.   It appears to be catching on, because we’ve sold out of every production run since mid-November.  I’m brewing and bottling the product at the commercial kitchen of Jams, Jellies and More.  Thanks to the coaching of Jayne Ries, owner of the kitchen, we were able to fast track this product to market in only six months.  If you have any thoughts of launching a food product of your own, I’d highly recommend Jayne.  She’s a great coach and food consultant.

So what’s so great about Jake’s Ginger Tealixir?  It’s Gingerol 6, and my tealixir has a lot of it.

Ginger (Zingiber officinale) is surprisingly the most widely used dietary condiment in the world today. It’s actually part of the plant family that includes turmeric and cardamom, which may explain why the health benefits of ginger are so extraordinary.

The Chinese and Indians have used ginger tonics to treat ailments for over 4,700 years, and it was a priceless commodity during the Roman Empire trade around the coming of Christ because of its medicinal properties. Of the 115 different chemical components found in ginger root, the therapeutic benefits come from gingerols, the oily resin from the root that acts as a highly potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent. These bioactive ingredients, especially [6]-gingerol, have been thoroughly evaluated clinically, and the research backs up why you should use ginger on a regular basis.

Read up on it.  I’ll bet you’ll be drinking Jake’s Ginger Tealixir in no time…and benefiting from it!

By |2016-12-19T10:45:27+00:00December 19th, 2016|Uncategorized|6 Comments

About the Author:

6 Comments

1. Louise August 21, 2017 at 9:58 pm - Reply

Can you order on line for those of us who don’t live near Sheboygan?

• Tryg Jacobson August 22, 2017 at 8:28 am - Reply

Hi Louise,
      You can order on-line, but shipping is pricey. I just sent a bottle to Colorado, and the UPS shipping cost was $30! Yipes!
      If you have a friend in the Sheboygan, Wisconsin area, they could always pick up a bottle. Otherwise, I would highly recommend
      purchasing raw organic ginger root, and eating a 1″ chunk in the morning and at night. The raw ginger pulp will slowly release the gingerol 6 into your system and help reduce your acid problem. I have no idea how serious your GERD is, and I’m not a doctor, so I can’t make any promises about your specific situation. All I can tell you is what has worked for me and many others. Try eating raw ginger for a few weeks and let me know how it goes. Best, Jake

2. Patrick M Snyder October 27, 2017 at 9:42 am - Reply

Are you in any stores near Lake Geneva? We should talk sometime about growing your business…

• Tryg Jacobson November 1, 2017 at 3:43 pm - Reply

Hi Patrick, I’m just reading your post. We don’t have any outlets south of Sheboygan. If you’d be interested in marketing or carrying our product south, I’d be happy to talk. You can reach me at 920-254-2222

3. Lori March 27, 2018 at 3:40 pm - Reply

Jake, I purchased the small bottle this weekend at Woodlake Market. How do you normally drink it? As is? or with something? I have been taking small “shots” of it and though that works, the flavor is less than ideal! 😉 Thanks and good luck with this. I LOVE ginger and use a big chunck when I am juicing.

• Tryg Jacobson March 28, 2018 at 4:05 pm - Reply

Hi Lori!

Congratulations! You’re on a path to great health…and I’m not just saying that. I started making Jake’s Ginger Juice in my kitchen four years ago, and it’s evolved into a fun brand that is really helping people. The benefits of ginger are crazy good…and you’re obviously an early adopter…the kind of person I LOVE to talk with.

It sounds as though you’ve purchased a 4 oz. CHUG. It’s a great place to start, but I think you’ll need to consider a 64 oz. growler, because I recommend at least 4oz. of Jake’s a day. You could go through a lot of CHUGs. A growler wil last you two weeks! The CHUG is great to keep in your purse or gym bag in case you’re looking for a quick ginger fix.

I drink 4oz. to 8oz. of Jake’s per day. I like to mix it with sparkling water for a refreshing no-cal beverage first thing in the morning and right before bed. I think you’ll find it addictive…and for all the right reasons! Attached is a little recipe guide to give you a few ideas….but I even put in my coffee and orange juice!

Let’s stay in touch. I’d really like to hear more from you as start your daily ginger regimen. Share your experience with your friends! You name sounds very familiar to me. Did you once work at Jacobson Rost?

Best-